Monday, February 15, 2010

Marble cake for Valentine's!






Being Valentine's and having no one to spend it with romantically, I thought I'd do something nice for my wonderful family and since I usually bake for other people, much to their dismay, I decided I'd bake them a cake I hadn't made before. So I tried to make a marble cake from Rachel Allen's Bake book and while it tastes quite amazing if I do say so myself, it's not quite marble-effect enough. Must work on the swirliness. It just sort of looks like a chocolate cake with pale bits here and there...I then decided I'd cut the cake in half and put butter cream (which had to be near rescued from Conor eating it out of the bowl) in between the two cakes. I found pink icing in the cabinet, so I made an attempt at a heart on the top of it with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Must say, it went down a treat. Win!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment