Sunday, March 28, 2010

5 Minute Chocolate Cake attempt





One day last week, Griffin found a recipe on the internet-with accompanying photos of success- claiming to give you chocolate cake in a mug after 3 minutes in the microwave. I decided I had to try this because I was curious if 1) it would even work and 2) I could have chocolate cake pretty much on demand if it did.
So last night Siob and I rolled up our sleeves and gave it a go. We did all the recipe told us to and popped the mixture in the microwave.
Result: epic fail.
You have to let it sit for a few minutes until the cake is finished setting, but even after 5 minutes, it was still cooking. I popped it out and we tasted the top of it which, as my dad pointed out, tasted like rubber. It was far too tough for cake and then in the centre it had hardened like a rock.
So I think I'll be making chocolate cake the ol' fashioned way from now on... That girl and her charming piggy mug sooooo lied...
(I don't know why the photos are saving backwards in sequence...)

No comments:

Post a Comment