Friday, July 15, 2011

One Mean Risotto!


This meal is my soup to Sarah Maria Griffin. It is ridiculously yum and easy and I've made it two days in a row.
Again, I nipped to Tesco around 5 o'clock and got super cheap veg. You can pretty much throw anything into this dish, which is what Luke and I did.
So here it goes, it serves 3 hearty portions.
Prepare to be wowed.

Ingredients!
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers
punnet of mushrooms
1 onion
1 carrot
1/2 tin of kidney beans
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 a small bag of peas
2 cups/ 470ml veg stock
250g arborio risotto rice
handful of baby spinach
sprigs of basil
parmesan
salt & pepper



*Heat olive oil in a frying pan and grate in the carrot and garlic.
*Chop the onion and add it in. Fry these slowly and chop up the chicken and bacon.
*Add these to the pan and fry until just cooked.
*Add in the peas, beans and mushrooms and fry up gently again. Add a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
*Throw in the rice and stir until it begins to absorb the oil in the pan. Once it starts to take a translucent shade, add the veg stock.
*Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring regularly to stop the rice sticking. Add a dash of hot water if needed.


*When the rice is cooked, take the pan off the heat. Tear up the basil and spinach and stir in.
*Serve up with a sprinkle of Parmesan and tuck in!


Luke and I absolutely loved this, so let me know what you think! The second time I made it, we didn't add any of the meat and it was still as delicious, so it can be a vegetarian dish too.

On a foodie note, my first recipe has been posted on bananareel.ie's website , check it out!:)
I'm going to be a food contributor, writing easy and healthy recipes for students! Woo! I'm so excited as it's come about from this blog and Louise Tierney knowing how much I'd love to do it.
So there is a batch of baked goodies on the way to her xx

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment