Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Procrastination Attempt #26457 (and that's just today)


Rather than knuckle down and finally finish this bad boy of a dissertation once and for all, I thought I'd make some muffins. Just cos I suddenly had a craving for some. You know, cos I'm so near the end of the diss that surely it'll take only an hour when I sit down to actually do it...
Anyhoodle, so I decided I'd make apple and cinnamon ones. A recipe I found also called for raisins, so I threw them in too. Why not. They were scrumptious along with a cup of tea and the finishing off of Browning's Dracula. Nom.
Basic Muffin Recipe
(it's an American recipe, so is in cups! Sorry!)
Makes 10-12 muffins.
1 3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup cooking oil


-Oven to 200C.
-Combine the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre.
-Combine the egg, milk and oil, then add to the well.
-Stir together; it will be a little lumpy and that's fine!
-Fill the muffin cases 2/3 full, then bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment