Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Apple Streusel


Last Sunday we had extra family over for dinner, so of course I took this as an opportunity to go all out and make a fabulous Sunday dinner spread! For the starter I decided I'd make a fruit mix, so I had raspberries, strawberries, grapes and blueberries. Dad got a roast beef (not my favorite of meats, so I make an extra effort to make it really tender and yummy) for the main course, then I stocked up on loads of fresh veg for it also. I love loads of colors in a dinner, so I had about five different veg for the dinner! Baby corn, sauted mushrooms and onions, carrots and string beans. Mmm.

The night before I made the dessert- we had cooking apples in the house and I found an Apple Struesel recipe, so I whipped that up! It was delicious! I served it with a little bit of wonderful vanilla ice cream and it went down an absolute treat! I added raisins to the mix to jazz it up a bit and just a sprinkling of chopped nuts on the crumble. I take it as a good sign when there are no leftovers and safe to say Magnum didn't get any that day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment