Monday, May 24, 2010

Another (but slightly different) coffee cake


Early last week I was going to a BBQ birthday party with Conor, hosted by the dears Natalie & Brid who are the darlings behind the Two Knit Wits blog (link over there-> ) and I thought I'd bake for them, of course. However, I tried a new coffee cake recipe and while it looks okay, I'm not sure about the coffee topping! I don't recommend trying a new cake the night before you give it to someone...the nerves if you aren't really happy with it!:S The topping is a chocolate/coffee thing? I think I added too much coffee and maybe that's why I'm not fond of the taste, but I hope the girls liked it! The cake is quite nice with raisins and chopped walnuts in it which the other coffee cake didn't have, though I think I'll add them in future and use the Rachel Allen coffee cream. They both told me they like coffee cake and Brid hugged me when she saw the walnuts on top, so I'm hoping it went down well!:)
BTW- the BBQ party was spectacular <3

1 comment:

  1. Laura!

    The cake was absolutely spectacular! Thank you so very much. Home made gifts are undoubtedly the most lovely. Devoured in moments and only then did I think that u might have liked a picture to use for the blog so am so glad to see that you had wisely already got one!

    Love love love
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete