Monday, May 24, 2010

Burgers for this amazing summer weather!




Technically this isn't like the rest of my posts, but there is a bit of baking involved! Plus they were so yummy it'd be silly not to put them up! This weekend the weather was just beautiful- everyone had their pasty white skin out on show, hoping to take the glare off it with some color. Well I know that was my intention today anyway! I made burgers yesterday for the family, my uncle and my little cousins who were up for the weekend. I used our loved Jamie Oliver recipe for the burgers from his book The Return of the Naked Chef. Then Mom made her potato salad and we all tucked in. Jamie says to bake the burgers, but I find if you quickly fry them for a few minutes, until they're about half cooked, then cover them in foil on a baking tray, it stops them crumbling. Put the oven to 200 degrees C and bake for about 15 minutes to finish them off. Here's a link to the recipe someone else posted online. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I don't add the cumin or coriander seeds, though I do add a sprinkling of mixed herbs. I highly recommend these! They're incredibly simple and sooo tasty:)
Jamie's Botham Burgers

1 comment: